Today I'm over the moon to be part of the Blog Tour for Talking As Fast As I Can, Lauren Graham's first work of non-fiction. Lauren Graham, or as we all know her, Lorelai Gilmore, has been a huge part of my life. I loved the Gilmore Girls and I've rewatched all the seasons several times. And of course, I spent last weekend watching the revival A Year in the Life. So today, I'd like to talk a bit more about Lorelai Gilmore. And! You have the chance to win a copy of this book too!
Lorelai Gilmore has had quite an eventful life. She made a lot of mistakes and made a lot of wrong decisions along the way but one thing is for sure, she couldn't have loved her daughter more. She was not the perfect mother but she was always there for Rory. And she has become one of the most iconic mothers in TV. So today, I'd like to share with you my top five favourite Lorelai moments:
1) Rory's first day at Chilton. Basically, Lorelai overslept and discovered that all her good clothes were in the cleaners. She threw on a tie-dyed top, shorts and cowboy boots to the dismay of Rory, the Chilton headmaster, and Emily. I think that's the first time we realised Lorelai was something else. Plus, nobody could have rocked that outfit like her!
2) Rory's Chilton Graduation. Who didn't cry with that speech? That was a real proud mama bear moment.
3) Lorelai's Graduation. The look on Emily and Richard's faces! I think it was the first time we saw them really connect and we realised how proud they really were of her (even if they were not really good at showing it).
4) When Loreali gets Paul Anka. We see again what a caring and loving mother she can be when she gets a new doggy friend. Plus, he has so many fun moments afterwards! Remember when he became a fortune teller?
5) Basically every interaction between Luke and Lorelai at Luke's. We got quite soon that Lorelai was a coffee lover but with every new interaction, we started realising that those two were made for each other. And who didn't love the banter between them?
Now tell me, what are you favourite Lorelai moments?
Thanks to the publisher, Virago, today you also have the chance to win a copy of Talking As Fast As I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls and Everything in Between. The giveaway is open to UK and the winner will be contacted via email. Then, they'll have 48h to claim their prize.
About the book:
Title: Talking As Fast As I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls and Everything in Between
Author: Lauren Graham
Published: December 6th 2016 by Virago
“This book contains some stories from my life: the awkward growing up years, the confusing dating years, the fulfilling working years, and what it was like to be asked to play one of my favorite characters again. You probably think I’m talking about my incredible achievement as Dolly in Hello, Dolly! as a Langley High School junior, a performance my dad called “you’re so much taller than the other kids.” But no! I’m talking about Lorelai Gilmore, who, back in 2008, I wasn’t sure I’d ever see again. Also included: tales of living on a houseboat, meeting guys at awards shows, and that time I was asked to be a butt model. A hint: all three made me seasick.”—Lauren Graham