Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. And who doesn't love a good list?
This week's topic is a freebie so I decided to share with you my most precious books. In the last couple of years I've had the pleasure of meeting several amazing authors both in person and online and I've been lucky enough to get some of my favourite books signed and dedicated by the author so my little collection of special books has grown and I'm very proud of it. It's been difficult to pick only ten of them to share with you, but here they are:
1) El Foraster by Quim Masferrer. Some years ago I got the chance to meet Quim Masferrer, a Catalan comedian that my husband adores. So I got his book signed for him and he wrote such a fun message for him. My husband was over the moon when he read it!
2) The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith. I won a signed copy of the Catalan translation of this book from the Catalan publisher. So I basically own a book that has been touched by J.K. Rowling!
3) The Day We Disappeared by Lucy Robinson. I fell in love with Lucy's writing after reading her debut a couple of years ago and I have devoured and loved everything she has written then. So imagine my excitement when I met her last year! Amazing book, amazing author!
4) Always the Bridesmaid by Lindsey Kelk. You probable know by now that Lindsey Kelk is the bomb! And I met her! And she knew who I was! And she signed my book! Total fangirl moment.
5) Letter to the Lost by Iona Grey. This was one of my favourite books of the year in 2015 and I had the opportunity to hear Iona talk about it and then talk to her about it! It's actually the first book she ever signed, so she wrote a big number one on it! Isn't that cool?
6) The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson. I adore Lisa and her books. I would absolutely love to meet her but until then I am happy with the copy she send me with the most perfect dedication!
7) The Time of Our Lifes by Jane Costello. When I went to an event with the fantastic Jane Costello last year, I had this fab book set in my lovely Barcelona signed by her.
8) The Two of Us by Andy Jones. Another book I really enjoyed last year. I was over the moon to meet its author and hear him chat about it.
9) The Judas Scar by Amanda Jennings. I hadn't read this book when I won a signed copy. But then I read it and it completely blown me away. It was one of my favourite reads of 2014 so I'm really glad to have this copy.
10) The Silent Hours by Cesca Major. This one is actually not signed like all the other but I wanted to include it because I'm quoted on it. It's always such a great feeling to see yourself quoted on a book you have loved! Especially with such a fantastic read like this one!