2016 Europe Harry Potter Top 10 Top 10 Tuesdays Travel Travelling
Ten Reasons Why I Loved the Harry Potter Studio Tour
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. And who doesn't love a good list?
This week’s topic is Ten Reasons Why I Love X. Giving that my appreciation of the letter X is not that big (sorry for the lame joke) I decided to share my love for something that has been on my Bookish Bucked List for a long time and I finally managed to cross it off a couple of months ago: visiting the Harry Potter Studio Tour in London. I had such a great time! So I wanted to share with you the 10 highlights of the tour and why I think it is such an awesome experience:
1. As soon as you step inside, you can already feel the magic. I mean, they've got the Weasley's Ford floating on the entrance hall and you have to queue next to the closed under the stairs!
2. The Tour starts at the Great Hall. The. Actual. Great. Hall. Where they filmed all the movies. And they've got the clothes from the professors in there. And the House Points Counter. And the student uniforms and how they changed. And and and it's so cool!
3. You can actually go inside Dumbledore's office. I totally pretended I had been summoned by the headmaster himself.
4. Potions, potions everywhere! The spoon on the cauldrons magically move...
5. You can drink Butter Beer. And take the mug as a souvenir. I hadn't tried it yet and I loved it, I'll have to make some at home!
6. Hagrid's bike! And the Ford Anglia!
7. I totally knocked on the Dursley's door. They've recently opened 4 Privet Drive, so you can now we how it is inside but it wasn't open yet when we went (sad face).
8. The replica of the Hogwarts Express and the station is amazing. You can go inside and the attention to detail is amazing. They also have trolleys with the luggage of all the main characters. Can you guess to whom this one belongs?
10. You can walk through Diagon Alley, with all your favourite shops. I was dying to see Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and it did not disappoint at all!
11. Extra one: at the robots area (yes, there's a robot area!), you can find Buckbeak and when he moves it feels like he is alive. Total magical moment.
Plus, they've got so many props from the movies. Like everything you ever saw in the movies is there! Food, cutlery, dishes, jewels, cups, weapons, furniture and all kinds of magical objects. Seriously, I had such a great time.
So tell me, have you been there? What was your favourite part?